Full details of our services
What we will do:
- conduct the POCA procedure from it's inception until the final order is made.
- attend upon your client and take their instructions as often as it is necessary during the investigation whether they are in custody or sentenced in the community.
- ensure that our main focus is always to legitimately reduce the Crown's Benefit and Free Property figures in your client's favour.
- analyse all your client's bank statements in detail and correspond with the relevant financial institutions to assist the client to account for any unidentified lodgments indicated by the Crown. Where necessary we will prepare spreadsheets showing the flow of money between various accounts.
- check all valuations provided by the Crown in relation to your client's property and when necessary obtain independent valuations of our own from recognized professionals.
- ensure that all significant deadlines are met in relation to the Crown Court POCA timetable and we will prepare and dispatch the relevant responses checked and signed by your client. When adjournments are thought necessary in the interests of justice we will apply in good time to the court and keep your client informed.
- attend all hearings required in the case to assist counsel and your client to best present the case.
- ensure that your client's personal and business information is dealt with confidentially and that all paperwork and electronic information is stored securely.
- ensure that your client fully understands the meaning and impact of any orders made by the court at the conclusion of the case.
- confer with you at regular intervals and prior to all critical decisions.
What we will need from you:
- The Crown Court POCA timetable.
- Your client's interviews with the police.
- Any Basis of Plea agreed at court.
- Any financial information already obtained during the case.